As strange as it might sound at first, we’re confident that at 11 weeks pregnant, your body is best suited for planning a life-changing getaway grip with your husband/man. Call it a “babymoon” and consider it to be your reward for making it through all the difficulties.
Now, you should get on that plane and fly away somewhere in the beginning/middle of the 2nd trimester. So, plan now, but don’t embark on this journey with the 11 weeks pregnancy symptoms still bothering you, because that won’t be fun at all.
Again, the 2nd trimester is perfect for some traveling; the third one will consume you with thoughts of delivering that boy/girl. Besides, you gotta remember that once that child arrives, it’s going to take all of your time.
11 Weeks Pregnant – Planning A Trip And Measuring The Fetus
So, this trip is a great chance to reconnect with your significant other and appreciate him. And a little bit of relaxation wouldn’t hurt; after all, you did overcome numerous obstacles on your path towards bringing a boy/girl into this world!
With that said, now that you’re already 11 weeks pregnant, it will be a good idea to plan everything ahead. That way, you’ll get yourself consumed with something other than the nasty side effects. The doctors claim that your child hears and learns everything while in the uterus; a trip will most certainly give it new experiences.
At this point, your future offspring is approximately as big as a sweet pepper, with a weight of 0-.25/27 ounces. And, it’s 1.6/1.7 inches long. Get this: right now, the kiddo’s head is just as big as its body. Sounds ridiculous, right? But it’s true! When you are almost three months pregnant, everything starts to happen pretty fast.
11 Weeks Pregnancy Symptoms
What you need to understand at 11 weeks pregnant is that it’s not over yet and the fight still needs to be fought. All those nasty side effects are here to turn your life into living hell (well, not quite, but it is pretty tough).
Furthermore, your body/mind/system is not yet used to this new reality and it’s gonna take some getting used to. On the other hand, the 1st trimester is about to end, and that means you’ll get to take a breath and forget about all this craziness that’s been happening for almost three months in a row.
It’s a known fact that the 2nd trimester is a God-sent compared to the first one. Alright, without further ado, let’s see what are the most common and frustrating 11 weeks pregnancy symptoms, shall we?
Tired, Sick, And Grumpy
– Fatigue. This is the most harmless side effect that you’ll have to deal with. It feels like your energy is nowhere to be found and sleeping is the only thing on your mind. Thankfully, it’s going to change in a couple of weeks. Until then, you have Mother Nature’s permission to turn into a lazy person 🙂
– Sickness. It’s quite annoying to feel sick and to want to vomit all the time, ain’t it? Well, nothing you can do about it now, dear ladies. Keep your heads up, have healthy snacks every two hours or so and don’t let nausea bring you down at 11 weeks pregnant.
– Tummy problems. Who said pregnancy was going to be pretty? Well, don’t blame your stomach, because it is going through some rough times. Control your diet and, if you don’t want to be gassy (who does?!) avoid fried foods, cabbage, cold desserts, and, of course, beans.
– Mood swings. They say yoga is a life-savior in this situation, just like any other workout routines for your body and mind. Make sure not to overdo it, though. Stress is your #1 enemy right now, so, stay at home and enjoy your favorite TV drama.
More Side Effects
– Hurting Legs. Do your muscles ache and prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep? Drink tons of water – that will help you ease the pain; you can also do special exercises for stretching. As far as your diet is concerned, include magnesium at eleven weeks pregnant (don’t forget about potassium).
– A darker skin. If you’ve noticed a darker line in the center of your belly, don’t be afraid. Of all the 11 weeks pregnancy symptoms, this one is pretty common. It will go away, eventually, but might linger on until you stop breastfeeding your baby.
– Vaginal discharge. It does sound gross before you actually experience it. This substance usually doesn’t have a smell of color. If it does come colored (that means it’s mixed with blood) and/or makes you uncomfortable, get in contact with your doc. Oh, and buy a bunch of pantiliners!
If you’re a mom-to-be of twins, the HCG in your body will be at its peak. What does that mean? Bad things – more weight gain for you and nastier symptoms. But it will all be worth it at the end of the day.
11 Weeks Pregnancy Tips
Rejoice, because now it’s finally time for your pregnant baby bump to come forward. It can be a bit tricky to tell that you’re carrying a child in there, but you definitely are! Get this: if you’re about to give birth for the 1st time, your 11 weeks pregnant belly won’t be that big.
However, if this is your 2nd or 3rd time, or if you’ve got two kiddos in there (twins), you’ll show earlier. Regardless, you’ll most definitely notice that your breasts are bigger now. Some ladies love that, some don’t. We recommend enjoying them while you can – that’s one of the best 11 weeks pregnancy tips for any lady.
A stretchy and comfy bra is a must. If breastfeeding is an option for you, pick up a nursing bra and put it on immediately. When the boy/girl arrives, put it back on and feed in comfort. The best thing about these bras is that they will adjust to the changing size.
Statistics claim that 11 weeks pregnant women tend to worry a lot about miscarriage. It’s kinda hard to shake those thoughts off. Well, thankfully, the 11 weeks pregnant ultrasound will let you see your baby’s heart beating, and that will give you a 97% guarantee that everything will be alright.
11 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
Alright, it’s time for your first appointment! You won’t be able to see it, but your tot is already moving up and down in your uterus. Its skin is still in development and very fragile. At 11 weeks pregnant, you’re carrying a child with fingers, toes, hair, tooth buds – all of that cute stuff.
The 11-13 weeks period is when your doc will schedule a check-up, a screening. It’s just a fancy way of describing a blood test and NTS. Yes, this is the 11 weeks pregnant ultrasound, dear ladies. The doc/assistant will measure your kiddo’s neck to determine whether there are any abnormalities or not.
The blood sample will show your hormone levels. By combining these two results, the professionals will tell you if there is a risk for your offspring or not (we’re talking about the chromosomal conditions). It’s hard to wait for the result to arrive, but it’s better to know in advance than to keep on wondering to the very end.
Taking Care Of Twins
If you’re a lucky mother of twins, the machines will notice that. In the case they share one placenta, there’s a big probability of them being identical twins. If not, they can be fraternal as well. It’s not a 100% thing, but the chances are, indeed, very high.
Keep in mind that when you’re 11 weeks pregnant with identical kiddos, you’ll be visiting the doctors a lot more often to make sure both are getting enough care and nutrition. Yes, that’s right – your children will be fighting even before they make it out of the uterus.
That’s just how it is, and you should start teaching them to behave starting today! Being a parent requires you to always be one step ahead of your little ones and to show them the right way. We’re not sure whether you can reason with them while the buggers are in your belly, but it’s worth a shot!
Pregnancy Checklist At 11 Weeks Pregnant
Yes, it’s time to go shopping again! Last week we were looking for some loose clothes. This time around, maternity bras are what we need. Take your time and buy only things that you feel comfortable in.
Start thinking about a wonderful “babymoon” with your boyfriend/husband. The best time to embark on it would be early 2nd trimester. So, plan everything now and be ready to enjoy some quality time with your significant other before delivering the baby.
And don’t forget about the importance of baby registry. It’s not that complicated. Still, the sooner you start looking into it, the sooner you’ll be able to put it behind you. Alright, that’s it for our 11 weeks pregnancy tips!